Mother’s Day is a special because I get to celebrate someone who has always voiced the importance of being a strong, independent woman. Also, I get to eat chocolate covered strawberries! Today, I celebrate my mother. She has taught me to take risks, persevere and create a path for myself. In addition, she has stressed the importance of being an independent woman by ensuring that I have an education, skills and self confidence.
After 25 years in the corporate world, my mom jumped into a new venture as a career coach. I’ve been fortunate to have free coaching for years because it wasn’t until recently she decided to make a career out it. Her friends, family, co-workers, and even strangers flock to her for speaking engagements, career workshops and career advice. Miriam is the go-to career coach in Phoenix, Arizona. If you need a career coach, she is your gal.
It wasn’t until recently that I wrote in her Mother’s Day card how proud I am of her new venture and how she inspires me to take risks every day.
Happy Mother’s Day to my mom, other moms, and moms-to-be!
Chocolate covered strawberries are a healthy treat. Coating strawberries with a high quality rich chocolate will do the trick. If you are feeling fancy, add some fun decorations. A few examples I use to decorate are mini chips, chopped nuts or coconut, or melted white chocolate.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
1 package of strawberries
1 package of semi-sweet milk chocolate
1 teaspoon coconut oil
toppings: crushed pecans or walnuts, shredded coconut, mini white chocolate chips
1. Wash strawberries, and dry immediately with paper towel. Make sure strawberries are completely dry before dipping in melted chocolate.
2. Using a medium bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave for 45 seconds. Mix as much as possible to redistribute the heat.
3. Add coconut oil and mix.
4. Microwave for 30 seconds. Mix again until smooth and creamy.
5. Dip strawberry in chocolate and add any topping you want. Place on parchment paper.
6. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Eat within 1-3 days.
What are your tips to decorate strawberries? Share with me below!