What do you do when you have eggs and a ton of leftover vegetables? I heard you say, healthy egg muffins! That’s exactly what happened to me. Last weekend, I had a surplus of unused vegetables sitting on my counter. They were wilting and I needed to use them, so I made an easy, egg recipe made with vegetables and eggs.
These aren’t just for breakfast! Eat one as a snack or you can have a few for dinner. Even though we associate eggs with breakfast, eggs are can be eaten any time of day. Power packed with protein, this makes a good meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Add some vegetables, sauce, and healthy fats like avocado, and you’ve got yourself a perfectly balanced, healthy meal.
I had leftovers yellow squash, onion, kale, broccoli, and some bell peppers. I topped it with avocado and salsa. I was happy with something quick and nutritious.
EASY, HEALTHY TO-GO EGG MUFFINS
1 chopped yellow squash
1/2 chopped onion
1 cup of chopped kale
1/2 cup chopped broccoli
1 chopped yellow pepper
4 slices of cooked turkey bacon (optional)
1/4 cup whole milk
salt and pepper to taste
cheddar cheese for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat each muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. Mix chopped vegetables in a bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add 1-2 spoonfuls in each muffin tin until half-way filled.
4. Using a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined. Using a measuring cup, pour egg mixture over vegetables in each muffin tin until it fills the tin to the top.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked.